The following conditions apply to the hire of any item including marquees and any other piece of equipment by us, Vintage Marquees Limited, to you, the customer.
In these conditions, the word ‘equipment’ includes any item hired by us to you. The terms of these conditions can only be altered with our written agreement.
No condition contained in any booking form or other communication by you which is inconsistent with any of these conditions will be deemed to have been accepted unless we have agreed to your condition in writing.
Acceptance of Quotation
No binding contract will exist until you have accepted our quotation in writing and paid a deposit and we have issued you with a written acknowledgement of your acceptance. Quotations remain valid for 30 days from the date stated on them provided that the equipment is still available.
All quotations are made subject to the following understandings:
- Hire charges do not include attendance by our employees for any purpose other than erecting and dismantlingmarquees.
- Hire charge quotes for furniture and other cater hire equipment do not include erecting, dismantling or placing.
- Period of hire means the period for which the equipment is required to be ready for use.
- The size and surface of the site are suitable for erection of equipment.
- You will be liable for any additional costs or charges of Vintage Marquees Limited in the event that extra work or equipment outside the terms of a quotation is required, or the equipment is required or used for any period outside the period of hire.
Delivery to Site
You must have the site available and in a suitable condition for the erection of the equipment at the time stated for
delivery. You should either be available personally or have a representative available at the site at the time stated for
delivery to check equipment delivered and sign the appropriate Delivery Note. If you are not present and do not have a
representative at the site at the time of delivery:
- You will be deemed to have accepted delivery of the items specified in the Delivery Note
- We will erect the marquee(s) in such a manner and location as we consider appropriate provided that we shall follow in so far as possible any plan supplied by you.
If you require us to move any marquee already erected for any reason which is not our fault, you will be liable for an
All equipment hired remains at all times the sole property of Vintage Marquees Limited. You may not sub-hire or part with possession of the equipment and you may not allow any lien or encumbrance to be created over the equipment.
Erection, Dismantling & Delivery
- The Hirer agrees not to attempt to erect, dismantle, alter or interfere in anyway with the Company’s property except by prior agreement with the Company.
- The Company will do it’s upmost to comply with the Hirer’s wishes wherever preference as to delivery, erection or removal dates are requested but regret we cannot guarantee in advance that equipment will be delivered, erected or removed on a specified day.
- Where no preference is stated, the Company will deliver, erect or remove equipment at its discretion.
- Intended delivery and collection dates are available from the Company’s office 5 days prior to the date of hire.
- The Company cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any damage caused to underground pipes, drains and cables the position of which has not been clearly marked on the ground. It should be noted that the pegs holding marquees may be driven up to one meter into the ground. You should note that you are responsible for repairing and making good any damage caused to the site by erection or dismantling of any equipment. The site must be cleared of all obstacles prior to delivery of the marquee. If we have to move any obstacles we will not be held liable for any damage as a result of this.
In the event that you cancel the contract, any deposit that you have paid shall be forfeit. In addition, you will be liable to pay the following percentage of the hire charge quoted dependent on the period of notice given prior to date of commencement of the hire. The deposit shall be deducted from the percentage payable.
Period of Notice
Percentage of the Total Hire Charge
More than 90 days
45% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater
61 to 90 days
60% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater
31 to 60 days
75% or deposit paid, whichever is the greater
Up to 30 days
Care of Equipment
- You are responsible for and shall indemnify us against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
- You are responsible for having arranged insurance in your name for the equipment from the time of delivery until the final collection is made by our staff.
- A charge will be levied for cleaning or repair as necessary for all equipment not collected from site or returned in the same condition as hired.
- Upon payment of the ‘Damage Waiver Fee’ referred to in the quotation, then the above clauses (Care of Equipment (1) and (2) ) will not apply. Please note that you are responsible for the first £500 of any loss of or damage to the equipment, and that you remain responsible for and will indemnify Vintage Marquees Limited against any loss of or damage to all hired equipment resulting from wanton damage, your negligence or legal liability. The Damage Waiver option does not apply to furniture.
- Given the risk of damage to a marquee in windy conditions you must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all openings are firmly closed when not in use and are open only for the purposes of entering and leaving the marquee.
- Barbeque equipment or open fires used outside must be placed a minimum of fifteen feet from the marquee.
Limitation of Liability
All orders accepted or contracts entered into are contingent upon freedom from all liability for non fulfilment or delay due to War, Strikes, Lock Out, Civil Commotion, Riots, Force Majeure, Breakages, Fire, Government Control on Priority Regulations, Scarcity of Materials or Labour Difficulties, or other causes beyond our control.
In the event that we fail to fulfil any terms of the hire contract our liability is limited to refund or cancellation of any hire charges. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss or profit or otherwise) cost expenses or other claim for compensation whatsoever whether caused by the negligence of ourselves, our employees or agents or otherwise which arise out of or in connection with the hire of the equipment and our entire liability under and in connection with the hire contract shall not exceed the amount of hire charges. This condition shall not apply to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
GET IN TOUCH!
With over 10 years of experience, we are always happy to share our knowledge and ideas. We love nothing more than rising to a challenge and creating unique and exciting events. We look forward to hearing from you!
Caroline on 07921 810 396
Shurnhold Farm Business Park, Bath Road, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8DF