The following conditions apply to the hire of any item including marquees and any other piece of equipment by us, Vintage Marquees Limited, to you, the customer.
T&Cs IN A NUTSHELL
- Our hire period is for 3-4 days, usually over a weekend. We deliver and collect from Monday – Friday. Weekend work incurs an extra cost depending on the time and distance involved.
- By signing the T’s and C’s, you are agreeing that to the best of your knowledge there are no underground cables, pipes etc or if there are, you will show our team exactly where they are so they can be avoided.
- You are agreeing that the site is level, clean firm ground, and that vehicular access is good and that our vans can be driven straight to site. Our marquee prices state as ‘from..’ as there will be an extra charge to cover time and labour if equipment has to be carried more than 10m to site.
- Our company cannot accept responsibility if we are unable to erect a marquee due to circumstances beyond our control such as adverse weather
- Matting laid on grass will discolour it for a few days. The steel pins to secure the marquees make small (1” diameter) holes in the ground. You are agreeing that both these inconveniences are fine.
- The hirer will assume responsibility for any damage caused to our equipment on site. Any damage to canvas (or similar) would be discussed with client on collection from site and invoiced accordingly.
- Fire pits are to be placed at least 10 metres from any canvas structure
- Candles can be used on tables but MUST be in a holder.
- Hot dishes must not be put directly on to the wooden tables
- If we are forced to make a decision to cancel a marquee hire due to adverse weather conditions, Vintage Marquees Ltd will not accept responsibility for any other hires the client may have made for the event.
Marquee, Stock and Games Hire Terms & Replacement Charges
- Marquee walls are NOT to be removed from the marquee. They can be unhooked and folded back on themselves. If a wall is removed and found on the ground, this will incur a £200.00 cleaning and reproofing fee
- Cushions returned wet or dirty will incur a replacement charge of £8 per cushion
- If a croquet ball is lost there will be a replacement charge of £30
- Pieces missing from connect four game, giant Jenga and quoits will incur a replacement charge of £5 per missing item
- Dry hire bunting returned in a condition other than how it is received, (i.e. dry, clean and folded flat) will incur a charge to cover laundering or repairs
- Dry hire tables must be stacked face to face so the table surfaces are not scratched. If damage is incurred, there will be a charge to re sand and seal table surfaces
- There will also be a charge for furniture or canvas damaged by candlewax, wine stains or similar
- Table runners returned stained will be charged at £8 each
- There will be a £100 refundable damage deposit on any small hire items
Sadly our fingers have been burnt too many times now which is why we have had to implement the measures above.